Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Few More From the Fourth!

Some of my greatest memories from childhood are from when my family celebrated the 4th up in a town called Greagle (somewhat near Tahoe).  They had the best parade; it was totally hokey- but I loved it!
I think my son is the same... he LOVES a parade!
We started our day at the Danville parade where they expected crowds of 40,000 people! We actually had to put our chairs out the day before in order to get a front row spot!  It was HOT but that didn't stop Derek. He waved to the people in the parade, he proudly waved his flag and he danced - A LOT!  I actually had 4 separate people stop me and ask if he was my son (usually my answer depends on why they are asking ;) ).  They all continued to say that they were enjoying watching him, more than the parade- yep,  he was having that much fun!

































































We then went over to some friend's house to BBQ and watch the kids run around.  By the end of the evening, nobody had the energy to go watch the fireworks- so we watched the NY ones on tv!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...