Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not Enough Time...| Jenn Hoffmann Photography

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post tonight.... I can't believe I am writing this- but our "new" dog Mason (seen here) passed away this morning at home.  He just turned two the beginning of December and was quite a healthy, energetic dog.  We haven't even had him for 2 months and have only begun to love and bond with him.  The kids ABSOLUTELY adore him and he couldn't have had a better temperament as Ella pulled, tugged at him- and even tried to ride him!
I'll spare you the details but we already have the autopsy report back.  He had a mass in the back of his throat that somehow got agitated and blocked his airway (imagine a cork in a wine bottle).  The three vets that worked on him said they have never seen it before.
We just returned from a trip to Carmel last week, where Mason got to play and run on the beach with other dogs.  These are some of the last pictures we have of him:

I love how much fun it looks like he is having...

It was pretty stormy during a few of the days of our trip.  I caught this as we were having lunch one day at the wharf.  I see it fitting now, when I think of the poem "The Rainbow Bridge".  Rest in peace Mason.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...