Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Year Ago...

It is hard to believe that my baby girl was born a year ago.  Her birth was SO different from her brother's- and quite frankly, they continue to be extremely different people.  She has learned how to pull herself up on her feet (not walking yet!), so she is experiencing a whole new world!  We celebrated with friends and family over the Labor Day weekend with a ladybug themed party.
I know my daughter well, and she doesn't do great with strangers (ok, she doesn't do well with many other people other than myself.  She has MAJOR separation anxiety!).  So because of that, I knew I would be holding her throughout the party and I wouldn't be able to take any pictures (imagine my horror!!!).  I hired a wonderful local photographer and she captured the party for me (Monica Wharton).
Because I love to plan celebrations, I will share with you many of the highlights....
(with the exception of the invitation, the following photos are Monica Wharton's)


These were the goody bags.  They are ladybug themed "I Spy" bags which can be found here


The delicious cake (covered in fondant- my FAVORITE!) from the Danville Bakery

The smash cake!

Cute little ladybug topiaries (found here)

Yay- a picture with Mommy!

Water Bottles

One of my best girlfriends always does a candy "bar"- love the idea (and so did the kids)!!!

One of the few smiles of the day

Happy Birthday!

Look at the little toes!

And the crying begins (again.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...